Please abide by this standard of dress during General Assembly as well as during any down time while you are in Denver.
These standards are followed by the Colorado Legislature, and this dress code will be enforced.
Participants not abiding by the dress code will not be allowed to take seats in House, Senate or committee sessions. Lobbyists and media staff will not be allowed in committee rooms and chambers. Advisors are asked to review with delegations to ensure they understand the dress code.
- Collared shirt
- Dress shoes
- Slacks – Dress slacks or khakis (no corduroys)
- Sports coat/sweater or suit jacket – Required
- Shirts should be tucked in at all times
- Dress (Sleeveless dresses may only be worn under a sweater or jacket)
- Skirt or slacks/blouse or sweater
- Dress shoes
- All sweaters and shirts must have sleeves
- Skirts/dresses must sit no shorter than 2 inches above the knee
- Kick-pleats only in skirt
- No exposed mid-drifts
General Guidelines: What would you wear to testify before a committee of the Legislature?
Unacceptable: T-shirts, sheer materials, visible undergarments, low necklines, mini-skirts (shorter than mid-thigh), shorts or skorts, denim, sunglasses inside, hats including baseball caps, athletic shoes, combat boots, work boots, sandals.
Governor’s Ball: Semi-formal. Youth are encouraged to dress a bit more formally for this occasion.